Sunday 7 June 2015

BEEF RAGU & COURGETTI // + testing out the Olympus Pen E-PL7

GF / SF / PALEO

I've been known to be a bit spontaneous, so most people who know me won't be surprised to hear it took me all of 3 hours from deciding I wanted a new camera to buying it at the counter of John Lewis.
At risk of sounding materialistic, I live for moments of clarity like these: this is what I want, and it will improve my quality of life. The expense of buying the blogger-favourite Olympus Pen E-PL7 caused my only hesitation, not because I didn't think it was worth the £399 price tag but because I was in danger of going overdrawn. One extra nudge or two and I was over my initial worry - thanks to Chris for offering to sub me at the end of the month and to Carly Rowena for posting this Instagram post.


Cooking, shooting and devouring Hemsley + Hemsley's Beef Ragu with Courgetti seemed like the perfect opportunity to take my new toy for a test drive in 'Auto' mode. So far my photographing skills have not extended past my Nexus 5, so I'm really excited to start learning how to take proper photos and getting to know the ins and outs of white balance, aperture and, okay, the selfie function ;-)

This recipe is so easy and four portions will stretch out over the next couple of days, which is just as well because a) we're off to Majorca on Tuesday (fhefjwhelrjfhwe so excited) and b) I'm now broke; thank God I bought my Euros last month.

Arguably the best part of the recipe is having 2/3rds of a bottle of wine left..! The recipe can be found here and in The Art of Eating Well cookbook. (I served mine with a side of gluten free bread because I only had one courgette fyi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...