Monday 26 January 2015

COVETING H+H // sesame chicken salad with cucumber noodles

- this is the first of a series of blog posts showing the meals I have created inspired by Hemsley + Hemsley, mainly using recipes from their book 'The Art of Eating Well' but also using my own initiative, as I adopt their attitude towards food. They are two sisters based in London who make whole, organic, nutrient filled, delicious homemade foods, free of grain, gluten, high starch and refined sugar -

SESAME CHICKEN SALAD WITH CUCUMBER NOODLES


Firstly I apologies for the crap photos, the only sunlight I get is at the weekend currently, so any photos I take on weekdays are under artificial lights using my phone camera #firstworldproblems.

I was not a big fan of cucumber until I tried this dish. In the same way carrots taste boring when they are cut round, cucumber seems bland when cut in the same way. Maybe it's just me, but using a julienne peeler to turn a cucumber into a big bowl of 'noodles' is so fresh, modern and exciting. But let's not get too carried away; it is just a cucumber.

Until you add chicken, sesame, chili, spring onion, pak choy and coriander. Then it becomes the best salad you've had since summer. 


The recipe can be viewed at Red Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...