Tuesday 12 August 2014

BEYOND GRAINLESS: DAY 11 JOURNAL

- Please visit here to see why I'm challenging myself to live as a modern cave-woman for 21 days -

DIET - CREATE A PRIMAL RECIPE

Today's challenge was to create a primal recipe, so I created two.
Banana, peach, coconut water and double cream blended and topped with more banana, blackberries, Punch Foods Superseeds in Raw Cacao Boost, and chia seeds.

'Courgetti' bolognaise: traditional beef bolognaise served with julienned courgette and sweet potato

EXERCISE - PEM WORKOUT

The second challenge of the day was to sprint a few hundred metres followed by a PEM workout.


Location: Exhibition Park, Newcastle
Success score: 8/10
Reps completed: 2 sets

Push ups: 15 and 10 full push-ups
Squats: 100 and 100
Pull ups: 7 and 7 jumping pull ups
Plank: 2:04 and 1:30
Sprint: 2 reps of 100 metres

Comments: Sprinting felt so funny, but exhilarating. I forgot how quickly you can go from chilled out to out of breath! Thought the PEM would be easy but it was pleasingly challenging.

Sorry it's a short one today, but I'm actually writing this on Day 16 because I spent some time away from media over the weekend. All I remember is just feeling happy all day :-)

Success score: 10/10

Click here for day 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...