Monday 28 July 2014

BEYOND GRAINLESS: DAY 1 JOURNAL

- Please visit here to see why I'm challenging myself to live as a modern cavewoman for 21 days -

KITCHEN PURGE

Hardest part: removing the chocolate peanut butter by Nuts N More

Best part: having lovely clean shelves?

Comments: a lot of the stuff I got rid of I did so by eating it over the last couple of weeks. As a result I became bored of peanut butter, noodles and rice puffs etc and so I'm not feeling sad about giving it up. Yet(!)

RESTOCK PREPARATION

Primal shopping resources: The Honey Tree, Muscle Food

Comments: I've often relied on Morrisons for grocery shopping and I'm worried I'm going to spend half my day chasing ingredients around Newcastle.

INCREASE DAILY MOVEMENT

Ways to increase daily movement over the long term:
  1. don't use the lifts at work;
  2. go for walks after dinner;
  3. arrange trips at the weekends to the coast or countryside to explore.

Today's movement endeavours:
  1. Jawbone UP says I walked 14,552 step, which is 6.3 miles.
  2. I did a 'coredio' session for 36 minutes, burning 317 calories.
PRIMAL ESSENTIALS

Items acquired today: I bought this stuff! 
CommentsCan't wait to try the frank scrub. The coconut oil is for oil pulling, moisturising and removing eye make-up.

SUMMARY COMMENTS

Daily energy levels 1-10: 6 (yawned all the way through the afternoon)

Hunger level between meals 1-10: 7

Satisfaction level with meals 1-10: 6

Struggles today with Primal effortsI found that all morning I kept worrying about whether I was going to find anything to supplement my lunch: "where can I find somewhere selling freshly cooked free range chicken...minus, bread/sauce/pasta". It also felt strange not having dessert after dinner.

Benefits today from Primal efforts: I ate really healthily. I mean, check out this mackerel salad..!
Daily highlight(s): being complimented by my new boss at work and having this for breakfast.
Daily needs to improve: be more prepared for lunch - broccoli, butternut squash, parsley and berries are a snack, let's face it.

Success score (1-10): 9

Click here for Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...