Sunday 27 July 2014

BEYOND GRAINLESS: PART 4 - HERE GOES!

Tomorrow I start the Primal Blueprint 21 Day challenge...how did it come around so quick?!

So far I have raised £195 for Crohns & Colitis UK and I feel quite overwhelmed by the generosity of my family, friends and colleagues. Thank you all so much!

Now it's my turn to live up to my expectations:

KITCHEN PURGE

Here are the non-primal items which I have removed* from my kitchen:
  • Soft drinks
  • Milk and milk substitute
  • Cornflour
  • Sugar
  • Processed condiments e.g. ketchup, mayonnaise and BBQ sauce
  • Processed cheese and low-fat dairy
  • Oils: sunflower, rapeseed and margarine
  • Rice products
  • Peanut butter
  • Lentils
  • Edamame
  • Cereal bars
  • Hot chocolate powder
* Some items I have not thrown away as Chris will still be using them.

RESTOCK PREPARATION

To feed me tomorrow I have bought some eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts and meat. Soon I will visit The Honey Tree to buy some fresh produce. I will also place an order with my gym, who collect grass-fed meat from a local farm for it's clients - very convenient!

INCREASE DAILY MOVEMENT

My aim is to walk at least 10,000 steps a day, which is about 6 miles. I should be able to easily reach this target on weekdays, as I walk to work and back, totter around the office and pop out at lunchtime. I will also avoid using the lift where possible. At the weekends this could be more of a challenge, so I will have to plan some excursions and walks in the park.

PRIMAL ESSENTIALS

I have installed f.lux onto my computer, which is a software program that alters the colour of your monitor display depending on the time of day. I will also aim to use candles and yellow light bulbs when I need extra light - though at this time of the year in Newcastle I should be okay as it gets light at 5am and doesn't get dark until 10pm!

For my workouts, I will use Byker Bridge as my main sprinting location (I'm going to get some looks...) and gymNRG for my aerobic workouts and some strength training.

I am thankful for the summer months as I will aim to wear sandals when possible and go barefoot around the house. I'm rather tempted to try Vibram Five-Fingers as pictured below...


I will use MyFitnessPal to monitor my nutrition and continue to search for grass-fed meat suppliers. Anyone fancy sharing a pig?!

Each day I will upload a blog post so you can see my progress, and also check my instagram (@blondeandgrainless) for foodie photos and more. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...