These cupcakes are:
- Free from refined sugar
- Gluten free
- A boost of protein* at 9g per cake
I can't claim that this idea is my own, as I adapted it from a recipe by 'blondehealth' on Instagram. Thought it was too good not to share!
Ingredients1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- Mix all ingredients except the peanut butter thoroughly in a large bowl;
- Divide the mixture between 9 cupcake cases;
- Take 1/2 a tsp of peanut butter in each case and push it down to submerge it;
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for around 10-15 minutes;
They're best eaten fresh from the oven or you can microwave them to remelt the peanut butter.
* Studies are showing that women especially are not getting enough protein in their diets - might have a rant about this later!