Although I am struggling to recall all the events that happened last year I thought I'd try to sum them up. For me, it was a year of growth, fitness, fashion and creating good habits:
- No Smoking. I (finally!) quit smoking cigarettes. It's taken me a few goes, but I hope I've really done it this time. If you're wondering, I started off by cutting down to 'only on Friday nights after a drink' and then cutting those with an e-cigarette, which I still keep in my bag, just in case.
- Gluten free: I kicked gluten to the curb, and have been feeling MILES better because of it. Less bloating, less tiredness and no more...ickiness..!
- Moving house: Although we bought our home at the end of 2012, we didn't actually move in until October 2013. It's come such a long way in a year, and it's been a very rewarding process. Here's to another year of improvements - can't wait!
- New job: I moved a bit up the career ladder this year, and have enjoyed getting to grips with new tasks.
- Fitness. I'm rather proud of myself for sticking to 3-5 workouts a week, every week, for a whole year! I completed my Level 1 fitness test just before the Christmas holidays so definitely went out with a bang. I also discovered Yoga, and am looking forward to continuing practicing alongside Pilates which I am starting next week.
But I also have a couple of specifics:
- See my family more. I have a railcard until the end of September and I am planning to use it a lot.
- Cut down on booze. Ha, we'll see how it goes. Dry January is working so far, but I guess it is only the 2nd...