Thursday 2 January 2014

2013: SUMMING UP

Happy new year! Hope everyone had a great holiday and is feeling positive about 2014 - I know I am :-)

Although I am struggling to recall all the events that happened last year I thought I'd try to sum them up. For me, it was a year of growth, fitness, fashion and creating good habits:


  1. No Smoking. I (finally!) quit smoking cigarettes. It's taken me a few goes, but I hope I've really done it this time. If you're wondering, I started off by cutting down to 'only on Friday nights after a drink' and then cutting those with an e-cigarette, which I still keep in my bag, just in case.
  2. Gluten free: I kicked gluten to the curb, and have been feeling MILES better because of it. Less bloating, less tiredness and no more...ickiness..!
  3. Moving house: Although we bought our home at the end of 2012, we didn't actually move in until October 2013. It's come such a long way in a year, and it's been a very rewarding process. Here's to another year of improvements - can't wait!
  4. New job: I moved a bit up the career ladder this year, and have enjoyed getting to grips with new tasks.
  5. Fitness. I'm rather proud of myself for sticking to 3-5 workouts a week, every week, for a whole year! I completed my Level 1 fitness test just before the Christmas holidays so definitely went out with a bang. I also discovered Yoga, and am looking forward to continuing practicing alongside Pilates which I am starting next week.
Phew, what a year! I hope you all get off to a good start this January. My main aims for 2014 are simple:

BE HEALTHY
BE HAPPY
BE KIND

But I also have a couple of specifics:

  1. See my family more. I have a railcard until the end of September and I am planning to use it a lot.
  2. Cut down on booze. Ha, we'll see how it goes. Dry January is working so far, but I guess it is only the 2nd...
Here goes!

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Elly! Congrats on all your achievements, especially the gym-attendance, that's excellent. I too am attempting a dry january, feeling pretty pleased with myself so far, but as you say - it is only 2nd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Georgia! Looks like me, you and Claire will be sipping mocktails at Beckie's party this month then ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...