Wednesday 17 September 2014

SELF IMPROVEMENT GOALS

With my 27th birthday one week away I have been evaluating who I want to be by the time I'm 30. It may sound like a bit of a gimmick, seeing as it's only a number, but I am also aware that even the most carefree folk can feel nervous about reaching that age. To me, it seems like a decent end point for a few things I want to achieve. So by working backwards, I have identified a number of goals and then worked out the steps I will need to take to get there. 

APPEARANCE

It may sound petty but my blog, my rules. I think it's okay to want to look better.

Goal: to have longer hair. I have been bleaching my hair for a decade whilst subjecting it to curlers, straighteners, crimpers (a short phase..) and hundreds of hair products. As a result, it is now brittle and of varied lengths.

Action: I have visited the hair dresser who is working with me to achieve longer, fuller and healthier hair, by going darker and all one length. Now I just need to be patient!

Goal: to have better skin: as I mentioned in my previous post, I suffer from rosacea and am dying to clear it up. I also have pilaris keratosis on the back of my calves, which has cropped up recently.

Action: currently reading the Skintervention Guide by Liz Wolfe and have ordered a few things she has recommended for skin health, such as Fermented Cod Liver Oil and Brewers Yeast. I may also try eliminating dairy products from my diet and be stricter with my sugar intake, as these are both linked to skin problems. I have taken some 'before' photos which really did upset me, so I won't be sharing until I have some 'after' photos.

FITNESS

Goal: to become more flexible. Last year I practiced yoga once a week and gave up when it became too expensive. I really miss regular practice.

Action: I have started practicing headstands, and have discovered DoYouYoga which emails you a short yoga video every day for 30 days when you sign up. I am also following a few yogis on Instagram for daily inspiration - my favourite is @healthyxjessx, though I'm borderline jealous. Lucky girl getting to do yoga on the beach everyday!

Goal: to have have a defined mid-section. I know, everyone wants a set of abs and I reckon they're impossible to maintain but it would be cool to have them even for just one day!

Action: There are a few fitness programs which look promising, such as Kayla Itsines' 12 week Bikini Body GuideFreeletics and the Pump Up app. What they all have in common is that you can do them wherever and whenever you want. To get the best results you have to be 100% committed, and that's the hurdle I can't seem to get over at the moment.

DIET

Goal: to feel healthy, balanced and in control (aka no cravings).

Action: I felt pretty good during my 21 day cave-woman challenge and have carried forward many of the dietary habits. However, I do eat more sugar now and have started drinking beer again and notice now that the affect me negatively. Time to try knocking them on the head a bit harder, I don't think beer 4 nights a week is helping me to reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...