Monday 4 August 2014

BEYOND GRAINLESS: DAY 7 JOURNAL

- Please visit here to see why I'm challenging myself to live as a modern cave-woman for 21 days -

INTUITIVE EATING

The Primal Blueprint guide suggests that today being a traditional day of rest and all should be relaxed, including the menu. We should focus on the enjoyment of the experience, and let go of any feelings of guilt, anxiety or other negative emotions associated with eating. So of course I made primal pancakes with proper bacon and maple syrup for breakfast:
Ingredients

- 1 mashed banana
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 scoop paleo whey protein (I used banana flavour)
- 1 pinch spices (I used pumpkin spice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for the pan

Directions

- mix all ingredients in a bowl;
- heat the oil in a non-stick pan;
- fry 1/4 batter each time to make 4 mini pancakes;
- top with grilled bacon and maple syrup.

For my second meal I had a grass-fed burger with a portobello mushroom bun, a few sweet potato chips, sauerkraut, salad and tahini.

EXERCISE/LIFESTYLE

Today's challenge was to get outside for a leisurely stroll, and though I walked 9850 steps which is 4.2 miles, I feel I could have done better. My aim was to exceed 10,000 steps every day so I was nearly there.

SUMMARY COMMENTS

Daily energy levels 1-10: I spent a lot of the day chilling out as it was a Sunday after all -8-

Hunger levels between meals 1-10: I could not stop eating today - really fancied trying to make a paleo cheesecake but became distracted by BBQ plans -7-

Satisfaction level with meals 1-10: I enjoyed some yummy food today, though perhaps 5 sausages as an after dinner 'snack' was going overboard -7-

Benefits noticed from primal efforts 1-10: Same as yesterday :-) -10-

Struggles with primal lifestyle: There was some lemon drizzle cake (which was my favourite) that was hard to resist. I had another sausage.

Daily highlight(s): Seeing Claire & Michael after their Mini-moon.

Daily needs to improve: I'm going to make more of an effort this week to exercise 'primally'.

Success score: 6/10

Here is Day 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...